Our go-to 5 Minute Maple Dijon Sauce made with just 5 ingredients in 5 minutes or less. Perfect for dressing salads, drizzling over veggies or grain bowls and more.
A great sauce can take a ho-hum dish and make it something special. And in some cases, a great sauce, may even convince a picky eater to give a dish a try that they wouldn't normally. This works very well for my own picky eater. We've had success with vegetables that she previously wouldn't touch with a good sauce.
So today I'm sharing my family's favorite go to quick sauce. We've been making this Maple Dijon Sauce for years and use it for so many different things. It's great as a dressing on salads, as a dip for pretzels, or drizzled over veggies. It really is just so delicious!
- dijon mustard
- maple syrup
- apple cider vinegar
- garlic clove
- salt and pepper to taste
See recipe card for quantities.
To make the sauce grab a jar with a lid, add all the ingredients to it and shake until incorporated. It's that simple!
Tip: Raw garlic can be a bit much for some so feel free to sub garlic powder instead or simply omit all together. I've made this sauce with raw, powder and without and its equally delicious either way.
- Maple syrup - instead of maple syrup, you can use another liquid sweetener such as agave.
- Garlic - shallot can be used instead or omit entirely
- Mustard - whole grain mustard can be used
- Spicy - add chili pepper flakes for an extra kick
- Ginger - finely mince or grate fresh ginger for a zesty yet sweet flavor
- Kid friendly - additional liquid sweetener can be added if the sauce is too tangy for little ones
No special equipment is needed to make this sauce. Just a container with a lid, such as a small glass jar to shake everything up and for storing any left over sauce.
Store the sauce in the refrigerator in an air tight container. Good for up to 7 days.
How to use it
If you make a recipe, I'd love to know how it turns out! You can leave a comment and a rating below or snap a pic and tag it @weelittlevegans on Instagram so I'll be sure to see it!
5 Minute Maple Dijon Mustard
- ¼ cup dijon mustard
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- 1 garlic clove, minced optional
- Combine all ingredients in a small jaror container with a lid. Shake vigorously to thoroughly incorporate.
- Drizzle over salad, grain bowls, roasted vegetables and more. Store leftovers in a container in the fridge.