These Vegan Cinnamon Pear Mini Muffins are loaded with chunks of real fruit and no refined sugar so they are super yummy and healthier than typical muffins.
Muffins can be a decently healthy snack or on the go breakfast if they are made with better for you ingredients. These Vegan Cinnamon Pear Mini Muffins are just that since they are made with whole grain flour, plenty of real fresh fruit, and they’re not loaded with insane amounts of refined sugar.
- flax seed
- white whole wheat flour
- baking powder
- coconut sugar
- non dairy milk
- lemon juice
- maple syrup
- coconut oil
- non dairy milk
See recipe card for quantities.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin pan with paper or silicone liners. Make a flax egg by combining ground flax and water. Set aside to thicken. In a large bowl, combine flour, coconut sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Whisk to thoroughly combine. In another bowl combine almond milk, applesauce or banana, coconut oil, vanilla, flax eggs, and pears. Pour wet ingredients into flour mixture and gently mix just to combine. Spoon batter into wells of muffin pan. Bake for 12-14 minutes for mini muffins and 18-20 minutes to full size muffins. Allow to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to finish cooling.
To make the frosting, combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pears - Apples can be used instead of pears.
- Flour - All purpose flour can be used instead of whole wheat.
- Coconut Sugar - cane sugar can be used instead of coconut sugar.
Basic kitchen tools such as bowls and measuring cups as well as a muffin pan are needed to make this recipe.
Store muffins in an air tight container for up to 3-4 days. May freeze for up to 1 month.
If you try this recipe, let me know how it turns out! Leave a comment below or snap a pic and tag it @weelittlevegans on Instagram so I’ll be sure to see it!
Vegan Cinnamon Pear Mini Muffins
- 2 flax eggs ( 2tbsp ground flax seeds + 4 tablespoon water)
- 1 ½ cup white whole wheat flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 pears cored and diced very small Apple also works.
- ¼ -½ cup coconut sugar, depending on desired sweetness. I use ¼ cup.
- 1 cup non dairy milk room temperature
- ¼ cup applesauce or mashed banana
- ¼ cup oil such as coconut or avocado
Cinnamon Cashew Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1 cup cashew pieces, soaked overnight and drained
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil melted
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoon non dairy milk
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly oil or place paper liners in muffin pan wells. You can use a mini muffin pan or standard size.
- Prepare flax eggs by whisking together flax seed and water. Set aside for 5 minutes to thicken.
- In a large bowl combine flour, coconut sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. whisk to thoroughly combine.
- In another bowl combine almond milk, applesauce or banana, coconut oil, vanilla, flax eggs, and pears.
- Pour wet ingredients into flour mixture and gently mix just to combine. Be careful not to over mix.
- Spoon batter into wells of muffin pan.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes for mini muffins and 18-20 minutes for full size muffins.
- Allow to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.