The flavor of banana bread with toasty coconut and pecans, this Coconut Pecan Banana Granola is perfect for breakfast with almond milk or afternoon snacking. It's made with minimal ingredients you probably have in the pantry and ready in about 35 minutes. Plus, it's vegan, gluten free, and naturally sweetened.
Ok so I know I posted a granola recipe not too long ago, BUT granola is kind of like the perfect snack. Don't ya think? I mean it's super simple to make and the flavor possibilities are pretty much endless. You can use whatever you have in the pantry and chances are fairly good the result will be something tasty. Take today's recipe, I used some spotty old bananas laying on the kitchen counter and a few pantry staples, nothing fancy, and ended up with this super yummy Coconut Pecan Banana Granola.
This granola tastes like banana bread with the added yumminess of toasted coconut and crunchy pecan pieces. Something pretty magical happens when coconut and pecans are toasted, the heat releases oils that enhance the aroma and deepen the flavor, making it hard to stop eating them.
But don't think that adds any extra steps to making this granola, we're going to toast the coconut and pecans right in with the oats.
This granola takes about 35 minutes to make from to start to finish and you only need 9 ingredients you probably already have on hand. Who doesn't have a spotty banana or two hanging around?
If you try this recipe, let me know how it turns out! Leave a comment and a rating below or snap a pic and tag it @weelittlevegans on Instagram so I’ll be sure to see it!
Banana Coconut Pecan Granola
- 3 cups oats GF, if needed
- ½ cup coconut chips
- ½ cup pecan pieces
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 medium bananas
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine oats, coconut, pecans, cinnamon, and salt.
- In another bowl mash bananas with the back of a fork.
- Add maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla to mashed bananas and stir to combine.
- Pour banana mixture into oat mixture and stir to thoroughly combine.
- Spread oat mixture in an even layer on a large baking sheet.
- Bake for 28-35 minutes stirring half way for larger clumps of granola. For smaller clumps of granola stir 2-3 times throughout cooking time.
CLICK BELOW TO PIN FOR LATER