The classic flavors of peanut butter and jelly in granola form for a deliciously crave able snack. This Peanut Butter & Jelly Granola is made with just 5 ingredients in about 30 minutes.
My kiddos, especially the oldest, are major fans of peanut butter. They eat it every single day in some form such as a topping for oatmeal, on toast, with apple slices, and of course they love peanut butter and jam (not jelly, it's icky!) sandwiches.
PB & J sandwiches are a staple of childhood for many, myself included, and granola is a great snack that the kids love so I thought why not combine them? The result is this oh so tasty Peanut Butter & Jelly Granola.
This granola is super simple to make requiring only a handful of ingredients. The base starts with oats, peanut butter, and my got to sweetener maple syrup.
A note about the peanut butter: I used our favorite store bought peanut butter, Smucker's Natural because it's made with just 2 simple ingredients: peanuts and salt. There's no hydrogenated oils or added sugars so it's a healthy choice I can feel good about feeding my family. You can use the peanut butter of your choice, but it should be made with just peanuts and salt.
After baking, add roasted peanuts and freeze dried strawberries for that quintessential peanut butter and jam/jelly flavor. So good!
And if you're family has some serious granola addicts like ours, check out this Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola, or this Seedy Apricot Granola, or these Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Granola Bars.
If you try this recipe or any others, let me know how it turns out! Leave a comment below or snap a pic and tag it @weelittlevegans on Instagram so I’ll be sure to see it!
Peanut Butter & Jelly Granola
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- ½ cup peanut butter, just peanuts and salt I like Smucker's Naturals.
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup roasted peanuts
- 1 cup dried strawberries
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a small bowl thoroughly combine peanut butter and maple syrup.
- In a large bowl combine oats and peanut butter mixture until oats are well coated.
- Spread oats in even layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until oats are slightly crisp. Stir every 10 minutes or so to ensure even baking.
- Remove oats from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Add oats, peanuts and strawberries to a large bowl and stir to combine.