Soft and chewy, Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Granola Bars that are so simple to make with just 6 ingredients needed. They're vegan, gluten free and perfect for snacking!
These Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Granola Bars are super simple to make with just 6 ingredients and about 5 minutes of your time so you won't have to spend all day in the kitchen whipping these up. They're soft and chewy with just the right amount of chocolate chips and peanut buttery flavor. And with school right around the corner for many of us, these bars would make a great snack or lunch box treat.
If you're looking for more vegan kid friendly lunch and snack ideas for school check out this round up. It's full of great ideas to keep little ones excited about lunch.
- old fashioned oats
- oat flour
- vegan chocolate chips
- peanut butter
- brown rice syrup
- coconut oil
See recipe card for quantities.
This recipe is super simple without a lot of fuss. Start by lining a container with parchment paper. Next, combine the oats, flour and chocolate chips in a large bowl and set aside. Combine peanut butter, brown rice syrup and coconut oil in another bowl stirring to thoroughly incorporate. Adde to oat mixture and stir to coat evenly. Transfer mixture to prepared container and spread evenly, pressing down to ensure bars hold together. Refrigerate for an hour before lifting bars out of dish and cutting.
Tip: Lay another piece of parchment paper over the top of the oats and roll a small can or glass over the top to press mixture together firmly.
If you try this recipe, let me know how it turns out! Leave a comment below or snap a pic and tag it @weelittlevegans on Instagram so I’ll be sure to see it!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
- 2 cups old fashioned oats gluten free if needed
- ½ cup oat flour
- ½ cup vegan mini chocolate chips
- ¼ cup natural peanut butter, room temperature
- ¼ cup brown rice syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- Prepare a 7 X11glass baking dish by lining with parchment or wax paper. An 8 x 8 dish would also work.
- In a a large bowl combine oats, flour, and chocolate chips.
- In another bowl combine peanut butter, brown rice syrup, and coconut oil. Stir to thoroughly combine.
- Add peanut butter mixture to oats and stir to combine, making sure all oats are coated.
- Pour mixture into lined dish and spread evenly.
- Press mixture down so it will hold together when removed from dish. I lay another piece of paper over the top and roll a small can while pressing down to do this.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour to firm up and set.