Cannellini beans create the perfect creamy base in this Vegan Spinach White Bean Dip for a surprisingly delicious and healthy appetizer for any party.
Update: This recipe is a few years old (from my first site), but I wanted to highlight it now. With New Year's Eve quickly approaching, it's a great option for get togethers and parties!
How was your Christmas? Full of fun, cheer, and good food, hopefully. We had a wonderful time with family sharing gifts, watching the hubby’s favorite holiday movie, A Christmas Story and eating plenty of yummy foods like cookies of course, and this AMAZING Vegan Spinach White Bean Dip.
This dip is seriously out of this world delicious. Even my skeptical father in law, who is very much a meat and potatoes kind of guy, enjoyed several bites.
what's in it
This spinach dip is creamy, packed with flavor, and deceptively healthy and it all starts with a surprising ingredient, beans! White beans such as cannellini or great northern create the perfect creamy base for this dip. Nutritional yeast gives it a cheesy flavor as well as additional nutrients like b vitamins and even some protein.
Delicious and healthy, that’s my kind of dip!
This dip is crazy good, seriously addictive, and great for parties and get-togethers. Try it at your New Year’s Eve celebrations!
more kid friendly party foods to try
If you try any of these recipes, let me know how it turns out! Leave a comment below or snap a pic and tag it @weelittlevegans on Instagram so I’ll be sure to see it!
Vegan Spinach White Bean Dip
- 1 bunch fresh spinach
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups cooked white beans such as great northern or cannellini
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tablespoon vegan mayo such as Vegenaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¾ - 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- crackers, toasted bread, veggies, etc. for dipping
- Wash spinach thoroughly and chop.
- Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil over medium heat and sauté spinach until wilted. Salt and pepper lightly.
- In a food processor combine beans, nutritional yeast, 3 tablespoon olive oil, vegan mayo, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt and pepper until beans have broken down completely and mixture is creamy.
- Add spinach and pulse just to combine.
- Serve with crackers, bread, or veggies.
CLICK BELOW TO PIN FOR LATER