Celebrate Mother's Day with these super simple Cinnamon Raisin French Toast Cups. Perfect for brunch!
* I received product from Little Northern Bakehouse. All opinions expressed are my own.
Mother's Day is this weekend, so to help you celebrate mom and all she does, I teamed up with Little Northern Bakehouse to bring you these super simple and delicious Cinnamon Raisin French Toast Cups. Made with just 6 ingredients and ready in 30 minutes, these cute little cups are perfect for the occasion or any weekend brunch.
These French toast cups really could not be easier to make, only requiring a few whole food ingredients and minimal effort. This is the perfect dish for older children to try out on their own or for the beginner cooks out there. Even my (almost) 3 year old was able to help with combining ingredients and spooning the bread into the pan.
So, let mom relax and surprise her with a healthy, wholesome brunch this Mother's Day. For a complete brunch, serve with a drizzle of real maple syrup, fresh fruit and plenty of tea or coffee.
About the bread
Little Northern Bakehouse is dedicated to making healthier, gluten free breads that sacrifice nothing in taste. The breads are sourced from gluten free, non-GMO, and whole food ingredients and most are 100% plant based and vegan. There are many varieties to choose from including Millet & Chia Buns, Millet & Chia Hot Dog Buns, Seeds & Grain Loaf, Whole Grain Wide Slice Loaf, White Wide Slice Loaf, Cinnamon & Raisin Loaf and Millet & Chia Loaf. The company also recently introduced a new variety of breads featuring hearty sprouted grains and seeds. Sprouted grains offer enhanced nutrition and easier digestion.
Little Northern Bakehouse Breads are also certified glyphosate residue free and display the Bio-Checked Non Glyphosate Certified seal. This really appeals to me sine this chemical has been classified by The World Health Organization as a “probable carcinogen". So, knowing third party testing is performed to ensure the absence of it, really gives me peace of mind.
You can find these breads in the freezer section of most natural food stores. I found them in a refrigerated section of the bakery.
Though we are not a gluten free family, we are big fans of this bread. It tastes great and I feel good knowing it’s made with simple whole food ingredients, many are vegan and all products are Bio-Checked Non Glyphosate Certified.
If you try this recipe, let me know how it turns out! Leave a comment below or snap a pic and tag it @weelittlevegans on Instagram so I’ll be sure to see it!
Happy Mother's Day to all the mommas out there!
Cinnamon Raisin French Toast Cups
- ¾ cup non dairy milk I use almond.
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp ground flax seeds measured after grinding
- 9 slices Little Northern Bakehouse Cinnamon & Raisin bread
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease a muffin pan and set aside.
- Whisk together milk, sugar, cinnamon, salt and flax seed. Set aside.
- Cut bread into pieces, about 1 inch in size, and transfer to a large bowl.
- Pour milk mixture over bread and use a spoon to lightly toss and coat all pieces.
- Spoon bread into wells of muffin pan. Fill each well completely using all of the bread mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes until lightly browned and crisp on the edges.
- Allow to cool briefly before removing from the pan and serving.
- Serve with a drizzle of maple syrup and fresh fruit, if desired.