Looking for a healthy snack full of delicious fall flavors? Try these Vegan Apple Butter Oatmeal Bars, they're made with just 8 ingredients, whole grain, and have no refined sugar.
Has anyone else's week been crazy busy? We've had lots of school activities plus a field trip this week and I am so ready for the weekend to start so we can just relax and enjoy this cooler weather. Yay! It's finally starting to feel like fall here in Florida.
On Monday I shared a recipe for apple butter and I promised there would be something yummy coming up using that apple butter. Well I like to keep my promises so here it is, Vegan Apple Butter Oatmeal Bars.
Once you've made the apple butter, these bars come together quickly in less than 1 hour with just 8 ingredients you likely have in the pantry. They're whole grain and have no refined sugar too.
The bar starts with a oatmeal crust followed by a generous layer of apple butter that is topped with the remaining oat crumble. They’re not overly sweet and full of cinnamon and apple flavor.
These Apple Butter Oatmeal Bars are simply delicious and much healthier than most of the store-bought bars available. And they totally hit the spot when you need something quick and easy to snack on. Great for the whole family!
If you try this recipe, let me know how it turns out! Leave a comment below or snap a pic and tag it @weelittlevegans on Instagram so I’ll be sure to see it!
Vegan Apple Butter Oatmeal Bars
- 1 cup apple butter
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- ¼ cup coconut oil, firm
- ¼ cup apple sauce
- ¼ cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease ab 8X8 baking dish.
- In a large bowl combine flour, oats, cinnamon, salt, brown sugar, and baking powder.
- Using your fingers or a pastry blender cut in coconut oil until only pea size pieces remain.
- Stir in applesauce.
- Press half of the mixture into the bottom of baking dish. Be sure to apply enough pressure that mixture holds together. I placed a piece of wax paper over top and rolled a can back and forth.
- Spread apple butter in an even layer over crust.
- Crumble remaining crust mixture over the top of apple butter.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting.