Creamy and refreshing, this Vegan Coconut Lime Ice Cream is made with just 4 ingredients. No refined sugar and it's dairy free. Perfect for summer!
There's nothing better than a delicious cool treat on a hot day and this Vegan Coconut Lime Ice Cream is out of this world yummy. It’s creamy, rich, and the flavor is so bright and refreshing.
This ice cream is super simple to make with just 4 ingredients. The creaminess comes from full fat coconut milk and maple syrup sweetens it just right. The result is a completely delectable desert rich in healthy fats, lower in sugar than typical dairy ice cream, and full of amazing flavor.
- full fat coconut milk
- freshly squeezed lime juice
- maple syrup
- lime zest
See recipe card for quantities.
The great thing about this ice cream is you don't need an ice cream maker. Use a mixer to whip everything up and transfer to a freezer safe container for freezing. It's really that simple!
This ice cream can be made with or without an ice cream maker. You will need a hand mixer or a stand mixer to whip the coconut cream. If you are not using an ice cream maker you will need a loaf pan or something similar to freeze the base.
If you try this recipe, let me know how it turns out! Leave a comment below or snap a pic and tag it @weelittlevegans on Instagram so I’ll be sure to see it!
Vegan Coconut Lime Ice Cream
- 2 cans full fat coconut milk, chilled overnight
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon lime zest
- When refrigerated the coconut cream separates from the water. Scoop the hardened coconut cream from the cans, leaving the water for another use such as in smoothies.
- Using a hand mixer or stand mixer whip all ingredients in a bowl until well combined, thick and creamy.
- At this point you can transfer mixture to the freezer bowl of your ice cream maker and prepare according to the manufacturer's instructions OR prepare a freezer safe dish by lining with parchment or wax paper.
- Pour mixture into pan and freeze for 4 hours or overnight.
- Allow to sit out for 15-20 minutes before scooping.
- Garnish with coconut flakes, if desired.