This Banana Nut Quinoa Flake Breakfast Bowl is a great alternative to oatmeal. Creamy, delicious, healthy and quick. It's made with just 5 ingredients in about 5 minutes.
If you've been in breakfast rut or just looking for something new to try, this Banana Nut Quinoa Flake Breakfast Bowl may be just what you're looking for. It's quick and you can really change it up with different toppings or mix-ins to keep it interesting.
Quinoa flake cereal has a creamy texture similar to oatmeal, but with the flavor of quinoa. If you like oatmeal and quinoa, then you’ll like quinoa flake cereal.
You can find the flakes at many health food stores or order them online.
- quinoa flakes
- non dairy milk
- salt, optional
- toppings of choice
See recipe cards for quantities.
The other great thing about these flakes is how fast they cook, just a couple of minutes. Start to finish this breakfast bowl takes just 5 minutes to prepare.
Combine non dairy milk, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt in a small sauce pan and bring to a boil. Add chopped bananas and quinoa flakes and return to a boil. Cook for two minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat, cool briefly and transfer to bowl. Add desired toppings and enjoy!
This recipe can easily be changed to suit your particular tastes and eating preferences.
- Fruit: Try swapping banana for berries like strawberry, raspberry, blackberry, etc.
- Spices: Instead of cinnamon try cardamom or ginger.
- Toppings: Try different combinations of nuts or seeds, nut butters, additional fruit and syrups.
Leftovers can be stored in a container in the refrigerator and reheat the next day. Add additional non dairy milk as needed to thin to desired consistency.
If you try this recipe, let me know how it turns out! Leave a comment below or snap a pic and tag it @weelittlevegans on Instagram so I’ll be sure to see it!
Banana Nut Quinoa Flake Breakfast Bowl
- 1 cup almond milk
- ⅓ cup quinoa flakes
- ½ cup chopped banana
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- dash of salt optional
- banana slices
- maple syrup
- In a small pan bring almond milk, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt if using to a boil.
- Stir in chopped bananas and quinoa flakes. Return to a boil and cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool. Cereal will thicken as it cools. Transfer to a bowl and add toppings as desired.